Datum™: Mobile Experience Measurement From The Cloud
Now Enabling Measurement of Simultaneous Voice and Data Performance
Disruptive innovations are buffeting the mobile industry at the network, device and application levels. As they continue their migrations to 4G, operators and OEMs need to continually assess the subscriber quality of experience and monitor network impact. With Mobile Experience Measurement From The Cloud, Metrico offers the only solution to measure quality of experience on any device, any technology, anywhere in the world.
... powers pre-launch device performance certification for five out of the top seven U.S. operators
... is utilized by the world’s top device OEMs for internal testing
... has evaluated over 700 device models for data performance
Today Metrico introduces enhancements to the Datum measurement system for mobile network operators and device OEMs, enabling QoE measurement of simultaneous voice and data services, leveraging the cloud to enable large-scale, centralized testing of LTE, HSPA+ and 3G devices and networks anywhere around the globe.
As mobile networks evolve to 4G, operators are increasingly capable of delivering—and subscribers are taking for granted—the ability to multi-task on their smartphones. While the end state of converged networks gets ever closer, operators are in various stages of transition—including dual-radio devices or circuit-switched fallback—and need to monitor the quality of experience for their distinct implementations of simultaneous voice and data.
- Centralized or distributed test administration and data warehousing, providing flexibility in the design of: large-scale device acceptance testing; friendly user testing; and crowdsourcing, benchmarking and troubleshooting projects
- High-capacity content servers distributed globally, permitting testing of devices and networks anywhere in the world
- On-device clients for every major operating system, including Android 4, iOS 5 and Windows Phone 7, downloaded from the respective application stores by field engineers to conduct localized testing.
Datum clients are available for every major mobile OS.
- Data performance, including HTTP, FTP, UDP and web browsing performance and reliability
- Voice call performance during a data session, including call setup rate, call setup time, call drop rate and call duration
- Data throughputs before, during and after a voice call.
DatumBase™, the system's web-based test administration and database management utility, allows:
- the streamlined setup of test cases that can be repeated across devices and geographies
- centralized analysis and storage of results from distributed testing locations
- sophisticated reporting.
Following test execution, the administrator can aggregate
and analyze results centrally through DatumBase.
More information can be found at:http://www.metricowireless.com/systems/measdata.cfm.
To request a consultation, contact us.
About Metrico Wireless, Inc.
Metrico is a trusted partner to carriers and OEMs bringing winning mobile products to market. Since our inception, we have set the standard for mobile device, network and service performance measurement. Our patented technologies and methodologies enable robust, objective and repeatable analysis of performance from the subscriber point of view, in laboratory and live network conditions. We deliver unmatched Fit4Launch Services, cloud-based Measurement Systems, andInsights Services, which our customers rely on to drive quality, minimize network impact, and market their brands more effectively. Metrico has evaluated over 800 device models for carriers and manufacturers. Additional information on the company may be found at www.metricowireless.com.